Friday, July 28, 2006

Finished first week of new job

As you probably don't know, I got a job with American Greetings (a rather large greeting card company). My job is to go to the stores with my boss and other crew members to install new display fixtures and to remove the old ones.

I like the job; it's very easy, I get to hang out with various people and even get to be outside in the sun sometimes, which is one of my favorite summer time things.

Of course, I find some of the people I work with pretty annoying. Like most people, they aren't very smart, and it can get frustrating dealing with them, and annoying listening to them. But oh well, such is life.

My boss is very nice, and pretty generous. I mean we (his crewmembers) don't get paid very much but he usually pads our hours so we get a little more than the company would like. He's also just a hell of a nice guy, understanding and very friendly. I'm glad to know Dan! I'm also glad I know Laurie, who has been there longer than anyone other than Dan (like 5 years). She's really nice, too, and although she is a Christian, she's not the pushy, judgmental kind. I guess I work for her more than with her, I think she is kind of an assistant to Dan (which Alex says I might be able to be if I stick with this job, since I'm smart and most people Dan employs aren't very).

So far we've gone to Cleveland, Columbus, Wooster, Wadsworth, and some of the suburbs of Cleveland to remove, install and repair fixtures. Usually there are some pretty girls working with me; their job is to fill the fixtures/displays up with cards. I have fun talking and mildly flirting with them at times, which is good since I'm still struggling to get over my ex girlfriend (aka the love of my life).

It's nothing special, but it's a job. Best job I've had in years!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home